Answered By: Liza Allen Last Updated: 18 Dec 2017 Views: 26
TIPS FOR PLACING A HOLD ONLINE
- You can only place a hold on items that belong to your home Library
- You can only place a hold on an item that is out (to someone else)
- Your item will be available for pickup for 10 days from when you receive notice that it is available.
- Your hold will expire if not filled in 45 days.
- You can place holds on 5 items at a time.
Go to the TAFE NSW Library Catalogue: http://tafecat.tafensw.edu.au/tafecat.html
Choose your home Library from the drop down list of libraries.
Click on Go to the catalogue.
At the Quick Search screen, enter your search terms. Change Library = ALL to HERE or your home Library. Click on Search.
Click on a title from your results. If the item you want is out on loan, log in to TAFEcat in the top right corner of the screen to place a hold.
Enter your TAFEcard barcode and PIN (Personal Identification Number), then click on Login to TAFEcat. Don’t know your PIN? Contact the Library.
Once logged in, click on Place Hold.
Your Pickup location will be your home Library.
Click on Place Hold.
This will bring up a Results of Hold(s) Request confirmation screen. If any of the information on screen is incorrect, please contact the Library.
To view your holds, click on My Account – Review my account - Holds. Please contact the Library if you no longer require one or more of your holds.
Need help? Contact your local Library